Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Yet Another Project - Everything as combat

    I haven't been posting as much as I'd like, after hitting a bit of a slump now a new idea has taken hold of me.  Since the dawn of RPGs we've been discussing the different between the detail of combat and non-combat systems.  Recently though I've wondered, what if everything really did look, and mechanically act, like combat?  This is a very big topic, that requires first understanding combat and then its framework and then porting said framework to non-combat activities.  I'm currently working on 7 posts, and they are really just the tip of the iceberg.  I'm not sure if this is going to be a very good idea, honestly I'm working on it because I don't know - I have to see it on paper (so to speak) to be able to judge its utility.  I am not going to try to get the whole system done before posting it, that would be a long wait, but I'm trying to get the first section, about combat itself, finished to post while I work on stretching it to everything else.  I hope to have something soon, and for any regular readers I apologize for the slowdown recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment