Tuesday, September 10, 2013

1 Character, 13 Systems - Part 14: Active Exploits


    I described my character, Korsanian, in a previous post here
    And finally, let's do something completely different and go with the diceless Active Exploits system:

Books Used: Active Exploits (take2) core rules (basic)
Approximate time to create: 20 min

Korsanian Vambrae  -  Cursed Wood Elf, Wizard
Dramatic power level

Attributes:
Fitness  -1
Awareness  +1
Creativity  0
Reasoning  +2

Aspects:
Luck  2
Discipline  2
Endowment (as magic gift)  2

Skills:
Archery  -novice
Melee  -novice
Investigation  -proficient
Parapsychology  -proficient
Survival  -proficient
Countermagic  -expert

Gimmicks:
Absorb Magic
Detect Magic

Principles:
Code- uphold freedom and life
Fault- prone to irrational outbursts
Objective- to discover how to break the curse

Fatigue: [0]  [-1]  [-2]  [-3]  [unconscious]
Injury: [0]  [-1]  [-2]  [-3]  [incapacitated]

Weapons:
Staff  damage- 1 fatigue
Crossbow  damage- 2 injury


    I have never played Active Exploits, the only other diceless game I've heard of was the old Amber game.  I just picked this one for the heck of it, someone somewhere on the net had turned me onto it.  So I thought I'd try a character for it to see what kind of difference there was to more traditional games.  It is very numbers-lite, which is kind of nice.  I'm very curious about how it would play, with the diceless aspect.  Like most rules lite sorts of games, like Microlite20 earlier, this does an okay job of getting the heart of the character in a general way.

    So that wraps up the systems, I'll post a few final thoughts and finish this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment